Friday, July 4, 2008

TiPs oN SofT HeADs

I know it's the fourth of July & I promised myself I wasn't going to post anything today because it's a holiday...right? Well - my kids are still sleeping so I thought it might be okay.

I've had a few moms tell me their little girly's heads are just SO sensitive, that when you take a brush to it they just cry. So I wanted to give a few tips that maybe can work for you.

**Once your little one gets more hair (no more mullets) treat it just like you treat your own. I have found that BABY shampoo/conditioner in one DOES NOT work on my little one. I use on her the shampoo & conditioner that I use on my hair. That way, when I brush through her hair, it is very EASY & not so tangled. Use a detangler if you feel necessary.

**Continuing on with the above: treat her hair like you treat yours, DO leave in conditioners. They keep the hair healthy, soft & shiny looking.

**I use this CHEAP comb that I got when she was a baby. I have used other combs, but for some reason I always resort to this one!! So find a comb that parts well, but that you can also brush her hair through with.

**When her hair is WET, brush her hair with a COMB, starting at the ENDS of the hair & making your way up to the scalp.

**I do my little girl's hair when it is wet. I notice when it is dry or if I redo it at the end of the day, she pouts more. It's easier to slide those elastics in & not pull stray hairs when it's wet.

**The last thing I would suggest is using "soft" elastic bands. If "soft" is possible. This is what I use. They stretch SO good & are EASY to get out. They are only a one time use, but who cares when they are only a couple bucks at Wal-Mart in the baby section.


Hopefully this can be of some help to you moms that are struggling with those softy heads! Try these & see if they work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment