Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Halloween Hair...Belle

For those of you who are dressing up as your favorite princess, these hairstyles are for you. Today we are channeling Belle.

Start with the hair in a ponytail high on the crown. I curled the ends because this was for school and I didn't have the full time to do what I would have done had she been getting ready for a night of Trick-or-Treating.


Take your rat-tailed comb and slide it between the elastic and the scalp. Using the comb, pull the ponytail out slightly.




Here we are doing and upside down knot. Push the ponytail up through the part you just made with your comb...


...but only partway through.

Now take and pull the elastic tight. This is where I started tugging pieces of her ponytail out to make it poofier (I don't think that is a word). See those ends? If it had been Halloween, I would have curled sections into ringlets to make it a bit more fancy.



Then I tied a ribbon around the elastic. Had she really been Belle, I would have taken a yellow ribbon and wrapped it around the elastic and tucked the ends.










There you go. My human rendition of Belle's ball hairdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment