Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 REMEMBRANCE: STAR PART + RIBBON BRAIDS WITH BEADS

I wanted to do a patriotic style on Key today in rememberance of 9/11 and this is what we came up with.. 


This style was pretty basic.. I started out by parting a star on the top of her head, I then banded that off and did about 3 or 4 braids adding beads at the end.
Then, from each point on the star I made a part going down, I banded off each of those sections and added a few braids with beads. 
For the ribbon braids I took a piece of ribbon 2x the length of the hair I was braiding, tied it around the top of the section and instead of braiding with 3 sections of hair I used 2 sections of hair and used the ribbon as the 3rd section.

This was our first time doing ribbon braids, and key and I both loved how they came out.. they are one of her new favorites!








No comments:

Post a Comment