This was a style I did on Keyanna last valentines day, but I love it for anytime.. What little girl doesn’t love hearts? You may have seen this style already if you are on our facebook page, but i thought i would do an official post with instructions on how i did it.
- I started by parting her hair right down the center (front to back)
- I then began parting a heart on the right side, after the heart was as close to perfect as I could make it I tied it off with I rubber band and did about 3-4 braids with the loose hair. (you may or may not have to do more depending on the thickness of your daughters hair).
- Now that the shape of the heart was established I started parting around the heart (sort or creating an outline) with this hair I started the cornrow at the top of the heart and came around to the bottom, I repeated for the other half of the heart.
- With the remaining hair at the top of her head I created bangs by doing 2 cornrows going towards her forehead.
- With the remaining hair under the heart I did 1 cornrow going back towards her ear.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for the left section.
- After finishing the front I gathered the remaining loose hair in the back into a pony and did 8-10 hanging braids.
- I then added beads to the ends of all her braids.