Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wacky or Crazy Hair Day W/ St Patricks Day colors

Today at my daughter's school was wacky or crazy hair day. With it also being St Patricks day is why we used green pipe cleaners and green elastics.  When I think of Wacky or Crazy hair Dr Seuss came to mind so the ideas are from him.

So the only reason we started with a braid down the front center is because she is growing out her bangs and I wanted them to stay out of her face. 
Next I made a crazy part ponytail on the left side near her ear. I attached a pipecleaner with the elastic as shown below.
Below is how I attached the pipe cleaner with the elastic.
I made another ponytail with a crazy part on the crown of her head.  (Total you will have 4 ponytails)
Below is another one of the ponytails on the right side of her head.
The last ponytail is on the bottom of her head.  Once all the ponytails were in place I wrapped the pipe cleaners around the ponytails elastics

Below is how I made the pipe cleaners curly I just wrapped them around my finger before I put them around her hair.
Below shows how I started to wrap the hair in the pipe cleaner.  The goal is to have her hair in the middle of the curl.
Below shows how the pipe cleaner looks around the hair.
Once the pipe cleaners are on the hair.  I wrapped the hair and pipe cleaner around the ponytail. Make sure the pipe cleaners you used to wrap the ponytail is sticking out through the middle of the ponytail.  I curled these around in the holes.
Below shows how to wrap the hair around the ponytail.  Make sure you do the ponytail on the crown of her head last it is the only one that will be different.
For the crown ponytail wrap the pipe cleaners as you did the other ones.  But instead of wrapping it around the ponytail you are going to make a heart shape.  By crossing the ends at the base of the ponytail as show below.  I left the remaining out to hang down loose.
Below is a close up of the wrapped heart shape.
Below is the side view of her hair.
Below is what it looked like from the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment