Monday, August 29, 2011

FAN FEATURE: Jaena

Tell us a little about yourself and your daughter:
I am 24 and a single mother to my 2 year old biracial daughter. We have been on our “hair journey” for about a year now and while I have  learned a lot, I still have a lot to learn!



What is your daughters current hair routine like?
Right now I co-wash her hair once a week (or more depending on how dirty or sweaty she gets) with Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter conditioner. I use coconut oil on her hair religiously as I feel it’s the only oil that really helps her hair.

What are your favorite products to use?
My favorites are the Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter conditioner, extra virgin organic coconut oil, EcoStyler for hold on ponytails or braids, and Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Crème for when she wears her hair down. It keeps her curls intact and bouncy without the frizz! I love it.

Have you ever used chemicals or heat in your daughters hair?
No, and I don’t plan to. Now when she gets older and she decides that she might want to, that’s her choice (and by older I mean 18 years old and out of my house lol). But im hoping to instill a love in her for her natural hair that will keep her from feeling that using chemicals or heat is the only way to feel love for her hair.

How did you learn to care for your daughters hair?
I was literally CLUELESS on how to care for my daughters hair until I started following Beads, Braids, & Beyond’s blog, and by asking YOU questions. Lol. I asked A LOT of questions and talked to a lot of other moms that were also learning or already knew how to care for their biracial child(ren)’s hair.

Was there anything you really struggled with learning about caring for or styling your daughters hair? Anything your still trying to or looking forward to mastering?
I am still trying to find one amazing product that will help my daughters hair retain moisture! I feel that the products I love are good enough for now, but I am always on the lookout for something better.

What was the worst advice you have been given about hair care?
That it was ok to use baby oil or baby lotion in her hair! Haha.

Any tips for our readers?
Don’t be a product junkie! I learned the hard way that trying too many “grown up” products is bad for the hair because of the ingredients in them. And another one I learned was don’t pull the hair too tight. Just keep it simple.

SHOW US SOME PICS!









Mommy is doing an awesome job with Jaena's hair! Thanks for sharing with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment