Monday, August 15, 2011

MOHAWK WEEK!! Zig-Zag Mohawk

IT'S MOHAWK WEEK HERE AT KEYATIVE STYLES!

For those of you who didn't know.. Keyanna is a ROCKSTAR! (or at least she thinks she is) and mohawks are her all time favorite style. Since summer is the perfect time for a hawk, I thought it would be fun to share some of the styles we've done. So lets kick off the week with.... 

Zig-Zag Mohawk 



This is our most recent mohawk, Key and I loved how it came out and it definately fit her personality. I was partially inspired by a style I saw on a friends page, she is an amazing braider so if you get a chance check her out here. 

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Time: 25 Min
  • Products used: Coconut Oil, SheaMoisture Curl and Hold Smoothie

  1. I started by parting her hair straight back into 3 sections
  2. I then began working on the right section making a zig-zag part front to back (the right section should now be 2 sections with a zig-zag part separating them)
  3. Cornrow each of those sections 
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the left section.
  5. For the top I did 1 large cornrow and let her go to sleep, in the morning I took the top cornrow out and she had a gorgeous braid out, I just added a rubber band to create a “pouf” in the front and she was ready to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment